OK, Eve, you got me. Here are my five.
- I’m not really Pat. My legal name is Andrew Patterson. There were four Andrews in my class at school, so we all got nicknames. Mine was Pat, short for Patterson. The others were Fingers, Rico and Chads.
- My original university application (UCCA, for those of you who were in the UK education system at the time) was for medicine. That didn’t work out - medicine’s gain was computing’s loss. Or something.
- I have Scottish ancestry (from my parents on back) - I got married in a kilt and occasionally wear it for special occasions.
- I just got selected for Sun’s SEED mentoring program. I struck the jackpot in that my mentor is a (very well known) Sun Fellow, but I can’t go into any more detail there right now. With my mentor’s permission, I’ll blog about this as it goes along.
- My guilty pleasure is Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Chocolate. My mother-in-law brings kilograms of CDM when she visits from the UK and it has a special drawer in our fridge. There’s nothing like a couple of squares straight from the fridge with a nice cup of tea :-)
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *