UPDATE – ‘touched’ publication time to send this to the top – new stories and links
Stories about our new Federation Manager:
- Press Release – Sun Microsystems Extends Identity Management Portfolio With New Federation Products
- Story on sun.com – Click click. Who’s there?
- InfoWorld – Sun streamlines federated ID management
- internetnews.com – Single Sign-On, The Java Way
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Journal – Sun Brings Military Hardened Technology to Identity Management
- CRN – Sun To Ship Identity Management Federation Services
- InformationWeek – Sun, Microsoft To Ship Identity Management Federation Services
- Java Developer’s Journal – Sun Extends Identity Management Portfolio
- Enterprise IT Planet – Sun Identity Management
I’ll update the above list as more come in.
So what, exactly, is Federation Manager? Well, it’s the SAML and Liberty technology that has been in Access Manager for the past two or three years, built into a new product specifically designed for the service provider. Doesn’t Access Manager already support service providers? Well, yes, it does, and it will continue to do so. FM trades-off some of Access Manager’s more advanced features in favour of ease of use when federation-enabling service providers.
More information to come over the next few days…