As announced yesterday on the OpenSSO users mailing list, OpenSSO Express Build 7 is now available!. Congratulations and thanks to the OpenSSO team for their hard work, and to the whole OpenSSO community for continued support in the form of issue reports, patches and other contributions.
So, what's new in Express Build 7? Here are some highlights - full details are in the release notes
- The first phase of support for OpenDS as an external user store.
- Easy single sign-on integration with Google Apps.
- The Fedlet can now sign the SAML 2.0 authentication request and decrypt encrypted attributes in the response.
- Virtual Federation (also known as SAE) now supports encrypted attributes.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0, Oracle WebLogic Server 10g Release 3 (10.3) and GlassFish Prelude 3 are now supported web containers.
- About a gazillion other enhancements and fixes.
The other question going through your mind may be "What on earth is an 'Express Build', anyway?". The short answer is that an OpenSSO Express build is a supported 'snapshot' of development between full 'OpenSSO Enterprise' releases. The long answer is on the OpenSSO wiki.