Funny how things turn out, after over three years of work (OpenSSO was announced on July 13, 2005), we end up releasing three days early (November 11 2008 rather than the planned November 14 2008)... Still, OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 is now officially DONE:
- OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 Product Page
- Download OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0
- OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 Release Notes
- Freshmeat OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 release page
Blog coverage... (will add more as time goes on)
- Mark Dixon - OpenSSO Enterprise - Download it Now
- Dennis Seah - Sun OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 is out
- The Aquarium - ... Releases and Acquisitions: JavaFX, OpenSSO Enterprise, G2One and SpringSource. I would have written a fuller piece for The Aquarium, but I've been taking a long anticipated couple of days off. Thanks, Eduardo, for picking it up!
- On The Record - Get Ready to Download OpenSSO Enterprise 8
- Marina Sum - Launch of Sun OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0
- Daniel Raskin - Download OpenSSO Enterprise 8 Now!!! Daniel's unique take on the release 🙂
- Eve Maler - Overdue SAML-related news roundup. Although Eve's post focuses on SAML news, the OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 release is in there due to its "uniquely solid row of SAML2 interop certifications."
- Kimimasa Sato - OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 がリリースされました
- Shesh Kondi - OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 released!
- Rajeev Angal - OpenSSO Enterprise 8 is here
- Ludovic Poitou - Sun OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 is out
- R Rajesh - OpenSSO Enterprise 8.0 Released
- Rakesh Radhakrishnan - OpenSSO Enterprise Released after End to End Testing
- Sidharth Mishra - OpenSSO Enterprise 8 Released
- Craig McDonald - Open SSO Enterprise 8 is Available for Download
So... What's next for OpenSSO? Well, coming up we have carrier-grade monitoring, more ease-of-use work, task flows for SaaS federation (think Google and Salesforce.com federation setup with the absolute minimum number of clicks) and entitlement management. Oh, and Express Build 7 will be coming up in about 3 months, too. Fun times... 🙂