Hu Liu, a regular on the OpenSSO IRC channel (#opensso on freenode), has just launched SSOCircle - a SAML 2.0 identity provider (IdP), based on the Open Federation code (part of the OpenSSO project). Quoting from the home page, SSOCircle's mission is:
- Identity Provider for everyone
- JumpStart SingleSignOn/Federation deployments
- Leverage federation for Web 2.0 apps
- Providing ready-to-use solutions
- SAML 2.0 standard based testing platform
- Exchange of information/experience
- Building the SSOCircle of Trust
I just registered, logged in and tried out SAML 2.0 SSO with the sample service provider site (based on Sampo Kellomäki of Symlabs' ZXID) and it all works nicely. At last there is an easy to use, public site to play with SAML 2.0.
As soon as I get a chance I'm going to add SSOCircle as the default IdP in Lightbulb and write a how-to for getting your first service provider up and running.
Thanks, Hu, and best of luck!